Short descriptionEye-Light® simultaneously treats the lower and upper eye lids with direct and indirect applications. It is a non-invasive treatment, which does not even require the application of gel during the treatment process, thanks to the patented and unique cooling module. Read more>
- Combined OPE/IPL and LM using LLLT (Low Level Light Therapy). The only device to offer this treatment synergy
- No gel application needed for OPE/IPL treatment, internationally patented
- Simultaneous treatment of lower and upper eye lids with direct and indirect applications
- Treatment parameters safely managed by on board software
- Non-invasive and stress free treatment of MGD
- Multiple ophthalmic treatment possibilities with one unit
- Dermatological treatment option also available
- 150 treatments of OPE/IPL and LM with LLLT included when purchased
- Topcon offers the full Dry Eye package: SL-D701 with DC4, BG-5 and CA-800
- CE and TGA Certified for Ophthalmic and Dermatological use.
EYE-LIGHT® | ME-CHECK® Screening | ME-CHECK® Diagnosis | MY MASK-E®
Simple but effective treatment for Dry Eye
What is Dry Eye?
The Dry Eye is a disorder of the tear film due to reduced production or excessive evaporation of tears, which causes damage to the exposed ocular surface, and is associated with a feeling of eye discomfort.
When not working properly, the eyes do not produce enough oil components in the tear film, so tears evaporate more rapidly. Insufficient or absent lipid layer, can cause evaporation of the tear up to 16 times faster. Evaporation of tears is caused by the obstruction or malfunction of the Meibomian Glands that are located in the eyelids, and are responsible for producing the lipid layer of the tears.
- Foreign body sensation in the eye
- Sensitivity to light (Photophobia)
- Eye redness
- Altered vision
These problems get worse in dry, windy or air-conditioned environments.
Major risk factors:
- Allergic conjunctivitis
- Hormonal imbalances – Menopause
- Use and abuse of eye cosmetic
- Use of contact lenses
- Chronic blepharitis
- Age (especially after age 50)
- Prolonged use of video terminals
- Prolonged use of systemic drugs (Eg: antihistamines, etc.)
- Air pollution
WATCH how it works
THE EYE-LIGHT RANGE RESOLVES IPL LIMITATIONS
Eye-light® is superior to other IPL treatments in that it treats both upper and lower meibomian glands. As well as treating dry eye disease caused by MGD - the leading cause of DED, refractive and cataract surgery and other frequent pathologies, such as chalazion, styes, blepharitis, post-blepharoplasty and demodex are effectively treated.
The Eye-light suite of products use low-level light therapy or LLLT, this patented photobiomodulation technology stimulates a cell’s mitochondria for better energy production and triggers biochemical and biophysical reactions improving protein synthesis. Due to the light emission of the LED matrix, the tear lipid layer is increased and stabilised.
The Eye-light treatment is totally automated and consists of just 5 painless light shots (OPE/IPL) around the eye and on the inferior eyelid inducing increased blood flow by contracting the blood vessels, and it improves the secretion of anti-inflammatory cytokines. Followed by 15 minutes with My-Mask
UNIQUE SCREENING DEVICE WITH INTEGRATED SEVERITY REPORTS
- Meibomian Glands Dysfunction Level - Meiboscale Dr. Pult
- Dry Eye Severity Level - OSDI-6 Pult/Wolffsohn
The benefits- Objective & fully automated screening
- 2D and 3D Meibography
- Automatic calculation of meibomian gland patency percentage
- Automatic evaluation of Dr. Pult’ Meiboscale into 4 levels plus 12 sublevels
- Specific final assessment in 5 areas of the eyelid
- Easy-to-use HD imaging
- Automatic OSDI-6 questionnaire
- Demodex screening
- Magnification from 50 to 1000 times the ocular surface with white light
- No specific skills required
- Immediate results
- Handheld option
- Usable on a slit lamp or the dedicated floor stand
Me-check® analyses the cause of the patient's dry eye and selects the appropriate duration of each treatment required with the Eye-light or my-mask.The software automatically detects and calculates meibomian gland patency percentage. The revolutionary 3D Meibography imaging provides two clear advantages to the Clinician, firstly, it enables the clinician to confirm the presence of abnormal glands versus that of a healthy individual, and secondly, it provides a clear image to share with the patient to help to explain the potential cause of their dry-eye.
HOME LLLT TREATMENT
The “safe way” to treat your MGD patients from the comfort of their own home, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.- Light Modulation® / LLLT
- Supportive treatment for most severe cases
- Complete treatment for less severe cases
FIRST APPROVED TREATMENT FOR DRY EYE/MGD USING PHOTOBIOMODULATION
Meibomask® provides customised treatments based on the MGD severity level detected with the Me-check® screening, then according to the severity of meibomian glands loss, the Meibomask® releases the correct amount of energy and automatically sets the duration of the treatment.
- Lower and upper eyelids treatment
- Direct treatment of meibomian glands
- The LED matrix triggers eyelid endogenous heat and ATP production
- Removes glands blockage, allows lipids to flow to complete tear composition
- Improved lipid presence avoids fast evaporation of tears
- Visible results for the patient as from the first treatment
View and Download an Article written by Sarah Farrant (Earlam and Christopher) Published in Optician
Click here to view testimonials from some of our Eye-light customers.